Note from Author: This all starts with a Facebook Post between two cousins
that I got involved in. I probably should have not got involved … but I did
and now I need to answer for my post. I decided to answer here so that all
could see my thoughts — right or wrong!
The Meme that started it all …
First of all this Meme was posted by a person named David Massey. I have no idea who this person is and know there are a lot of David Massey’s in Facebook. Who he is does not really matter to me. Read the Meme.
This Meme was shared by my cousin, Cindy (Last name left out on purpose). It was liked by myself and four others (one of them a Facebook Friend of mine and the Uncle to my cousin from another side of the family).
My cousin has a cousin by the name of Andrea (again last name left out on purpose) … and below is the conversation that took place on Face Book that I will let you read on your own:
My Answer to Andrea …
First, understand that I do not believe Racism exists simply because one human being disagrees with another human being. I am married to an Asian woman. I have called my kids half-breeds all their lives. I have a son that is married to an African American woman that I respect as much as any white woman or Asian woman. Does this mean I don’t have disagreements with people of other races and even of my own race? No! We all, my dear, have the right to our own beliefs and simply not believing like another does not make us racist. But you called your cousin a Racist because she shared a meme that someone else wrote because she believed in the words in the meme.
Second, understand that my closest friend ever (now deceased) was a gentleman by the name of Khosrow “Hank” Khanlar who I knew and had as a business partner in one of my businesses from 1979 through 1990. Hank, as we called him, was a person that I would literally lay down my life for and know that he would do the same for me. Hank, however was born and raised in Iran and was well versed in the Islamic faith and Sharia Law. He did not necessarily believe in them … (as many Muslims today don’t) but he understood them. Hank is the one who introduced me to and taught me about the Quran and many of the beliefs of the prophet Muhammad. So No, I am not necessarily against people of the Middle Eastern Countries. However, I am against Sharia Law being accepted in this country by even a small number. I do not like the idea of killing a gay person – even though I do not agree with the gay person’s lifestyle. I do not like the idea of not letting a woman get educated because according to Sharia Law she is not entitled to learn. I do not like the idea of a man having four women and being able to consummate a marriage of a young girl at the tender age of 9 to 12 years of age. If this makes me RACIST … so be it.
Third, my family (most of them) including cousins are very religious in the Christian Faith as it is taught in the Southern Part of the United States. Personally, I do not consider myself to be a “Religious” person and rarely will you see me in Church … but I do believe there is one God that is responsible for everything that has happened and will happen in the universe as we know and understand it. That being said, I am also the father to four of the hardest working children I know (though I may be somewhat biased) and I am sure that at least one or two of these kids are probably more leaning toward being atheist or agnostic in their views. While a one of them leans far left in their political views … one is more in the middle of the road … a couple lean far right (like their father). As their dad … I love them all the same and understand that they have their right to think and act how they want too. You need to also understand that I was not always a real conservative person. I too can say I was a democrat at one time in my life. I will never force my children or others to believe the way I do … I figure if it is to happen it will happen on its own over time. But, at the same time, I will never allow them to force me to think the same as they do. However, if I disagree with them … am I being Racist?
Fourth, I have went to an unnecessary war and was willing to lay down my life for this country even though I did not believe in the war we were in. I did believe in my country and my duty to this country. I also believed in my Commander in Chief at the time. I did not say I agreed with every decision he made (Lyndon B Johnson) but I did respect his position and his job. If he would have asked me to a White House Dinner I would have accepted the invitation … and if he ever asked my opinion on anything he would have gotten an ear full. Especially when he made the statement that he “would have those (N-word) voting democrat for generations to come.”
Finally, I cannot go further without looking at the MEME that started this whole mess. I will put my answers to the MEME in blue so that it can be clearly distinguished:
What has happened to our country? We elect Muslims who want to impeach OUR President, I believe what this person is actually saying is that we should not be electing any foreigner at all. To be the president one must be born in America. We could stop a lot of this nonsense and division in this country if we simply said, “to serve as a member of congress — as a representative or senator — one must be born in America.” Muslims or any other foreigner should not have the duty to Impeach a U. S. Citizen that was born a U. S. Citizen. I would say the same should be true for all branches of government, including the judicial branch. Does this make me a RACIST?
we want our children born without an identity, I believe this get’s to the point of not allowing our babies to understand they are male or female until they are four or five years of age. I have a grandson that wears pink bows in his hair and carries a ladies purse. He is only 2-1/2 years old … but as an old white male … this really bothers me. Can I do anything about it? Not hardly, he is only my grandson and not my son. This, of course, all stems from some psychologist that is “educated beyond his or her intelligence” that has the younger generation believing this “hog wash” and the person who came up with this probably does not even have any kids of their own. This is indeed a “slippery slope” that is now allowing males to identify as females (or vice versa) and use the wrong bathrooms in many states. I’m sorry if this causes the hair to rise up on the back of someone’s neck (related to me or not) … but to me it simply seems wrong. My brother and I both knew by the age of 2 that we were not girls. And, my sister knew by the same age that she was not a boy – even if none of us really remember being two. Does this make me a RACIST?
we allow thousands of people to cross our borders illegally, committing horrible crimes, we call a wall immoral, I see nothing wrong with this statement since it is 100% true. One of the biggest people saying this is Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi. I really wonder why she never called out the immorality of the wall/fence around the White House. President Obama while speaking in Germany on April 25, 2016 said, “We cannot define ourselves by the barriers we build to keep people out or keep people in.” Then he signed a bill allowing the wall around the white house to be built five feet taller … why isn’t the left complaining about this? People can still get into the white house … but they must do so LEGALLY. People can still get into our country … as long as they do so LEGALLY. Even Vatican City has a wall around it even though the Pope is against America having a wall around it. Hypocrites … yes even the #1 Christian in the world. Does this make me a RACIST?
yet we condone ripping babies piece by piece out of their mothers womb, how much more immoral can we become? Before getting on that Abortion Band Wagon, let’s look at the leading causes of death in the US … according to the research I have done:
- Abortions performed in the US in 2017 = 862,320 (Google it)
- Heart Disease 2017 = 647,457
- Cancer 2017 = 599,108
- Medical Error in any given year per John Hopkins = 250,000 or more (Google It)
- Unintentional Injuries 2017 = 169,936
- Chronic Lower Respiratory Disease 2017 = 160,201
- Stroke and cerebrovascular diseases 2017 = 164,383
- Gun Deaths in the US in 2017 (excluding suicide) = 15,501 (Google It)
As you can clearly see … Abortions are the leading cause of death in America. Even Medical Error takes more lives than Unintentional Injuries or Gun Deaths. What do we want in America … stronger Gun Laws and easier Abortion laws while doing nothing with the medical profession who recommend unneeded surgeries and drugs because they are too lazy to get to the root of the problem. Sure seems to me that congress and the people in America have it all backwards. Does this make me RACIST?
We cry for compassion, as homeless vets, and seniors suffer, yet we have compassion for people that are here illegally and never served or paid a dime While I am a vet I am fortunate that I was never homeless … though I could have been. The only one’s I could land a job with for $2.63 per hour when I first got home from Vietnam was the VA Hospital in Hines Illinois. I am now a senior, and am also not suffering … but when I hear of illegal aliens getting handouts from our government and realize that it is charities that have to take care of our vets and seniors … I get real angry. Does this make me RACIST?
Americans need to stand up and take this country back, we WILL NOT let this happen!! Dem’s you are in for the fight of your lives, I will not let this happen. I will not even comment on this sentence because I believe that most of America is simply to lazy and to Pollyanna to get their hands dirty and work to straighten out this mess be they republican or democrat. Does this make me RACIST?
So what about the presidential impeachment?
You are correct here, Andrea, there are a lot of people from all sides Christians, Jews, Atheist, etc. that want to disrespect and impeach our president. Why is this? Is it something he has done or is it because the Media simply does not like him and is pushing for it. As a journalism major in my short college career, I tend to lean toward what we called back in the 70’s “Yellow Journalism” that is now being called “Fake News.” In 1839, English Author Edward Bulwer-Lytton had the adage “The Pen is Mightier than the Sword.” This indicated that communication (particularly written language), or in some interpretations, administrative power or advocacy of an independent press, is a more effective tool than direct violence. With this U. S. President I think you are seeing that on both sides. The Media with their opinion reporting rather than news reporting and the president himself with his twitter account.
There are a lot of things that I do not like about this president. I would not want him as a personal friend for sure. I don’t like his language, I don’t like his demeanor, and I certainly don’t like his narcissism.
However, as a patriotic American, I must focus on the things that I respect about this president. He is not a politician and he does what he says he will do … even if it sometimes get’s him into more hot water. I respect any man or woman that does what they say they will do. I also believe that this president does look out for America 1st. Does this make me a RACIST?
Here’s just a few things President Trump has completed during his first term – which still has a year or more to go:
- Almost 4 million jobs created since election.
- More Americans are now employed than ever recorded before in our history.
- Created more than 400,000 manufacturing jobs since my election.
- Manufacturing jobs growing at the fastest rate in more than THREE DECADES.
- Economic growth last quarter hit 4.2 percent.
- New unemployment claims recently hit a 49-year low.
- Median household income has hit highest level ever recorded.
- African-American unemployment has recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded.
- Hispanic-American unemployment is at the lowest rate ever recorded.
- Asian-American unemployment recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded.
- Women’s unemployment recently reached the lowest rate in 65 years.
- Youth unemployment has recently hit the lowest rate in nearly half a century.
- Lowest unemployment rate ever recorded for Americans without a high school diploma.
- Under Trump Administration, veterans’ unemployment recently reached its lowest rate in nearly 20 years.
- Almost 3.9 million Americans have been lifted off food stamps since the election.
- The Pledge to America’s Workers has resulted in employers committing to train more than 4 million Americans. We are committed to VOCATIONAL education.
- 95 percent of U.S. manufacturers are optimistic about the future—the highest ever.
- Retail sales surged last month, up another 6 percent over last year.
- Signed the biggest package of tax cuts and reforms in history. After tax cuts, over $300 billion poured back in to the U.S. in the first quarter alone.
- As a result of our tax bill, small businesses will have the lowest top marginal tax rate in more than 80 years.
- Helped win U.S. bid for the 2028 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles.
- Helped win U.S.-Mexico-Canada’s united bid for 2026 World Cup.
- Opened ANWR and approved Keystone XL and Dakota Access Pipelines.
- Record number of regulations eliminated.
- Enacted regulatory relief for community banks and credit unions.
- Obamacare individual mandate penalty GONE.
- Trump Administration is providing more affordable healthcare options for Americans through association health plans and short-term duration plans.
- Last month, the FDA approved more affordable generic drugs than ever before in history. And thanks to our efforts, many drug companies are freezing or reversing planned price increases.
- We reformed the Medicare program to stop hospitals from overcharging low-income seniors on their drugs—saving seniors hundreds of millions of dollars this year alone.
- Signed Right-To-Try legislation.
- Secured $6 billion in NEW funding to fight the opioid epidemic.
- We have reduced high-dose opioid prescriptions by 16 percent during Trump first term in office.
- Signed VA Choice Act and VA Accountability Act, expanded VA telehealth services, walk-in-clinics, and same-day urgent primary and mental health care.
- Increased our coal exports by 60 percent; U.S. oil production recently reached all-time high.
- United States is a net natural gas exporter for the first time since 1957.
- Withdrew the United States from the job-killing Paris Climate Accord.
- Cancelled the illegal, anti-coal, so-called Clean Power Plan.
- Secured record $700 billion in military funding; $716 billion next year.
- NATO allies are spending $69 billion more on defense since 2016.
- Process has begun to make the Space Force the 6th branch of the Armed Forces.
- Confirmed more circuit court judges than any other new administration.
- Confirmed Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch and Confirmed Judge Brett Kavanaugh.
- Withdrew from the horrible, one-sided Iran Deal.
- Moved U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem.
- Protecting Americans from terrorists with the Travel Ban, upheld by Supreme Court.
- Issued Executive Order to keep open Guantanamo Bay.
- Concluded a historic U.S.-Mexico Trade Deal to replace NAFTA. And negotiations with Canada are underway as we speak.
- Reached a breakthrough agreement with the E.U. to increase U.S. exports.
- Imposed tariffs on foreign steel and aluminum to protect our national security.
- Imposed tariffs on China in response to China’s forced technology transfer, intellectual property theft, and their chronically abusive trade practices.
- Net exports are on track to increase by $59 billion this year.
- Improved vetting and screening for refugees, and switched focus to overseas resettlement.
- We have begun BUILDING THE WALL. Republicans want STRONG BORDERS and NO CRIME. Democrats want OPEN BORDERS which equals MASSIVE CRIME.
It looks to me like he has had 53 major accomplishments since last count – even though he has caught hell from most politicians and the media during his first year. He has more energy than any man or woman in the Federal Government at this time or at anytime in history. He is able to do all these things … not with the help of America but in spite of America and our lazy assed politicians that are now serving.
I have to respect that. And, I say so what that he asked Ukraine to investigate the Biden’s. It was the Democratic Party that was asking foreign governments to investigate him in 2016 and it was the democratic party that paid for lies known as the Steele Dossier as well as $35 million on the Mueller Investigation that found nothing.
Finally, it seems everyone has is now upset because this President is pulling us out of Syria. I for one also agree with this move. We should not allow one more American to lose their life in Syria or any other country if we are not going to go to war to “Win the war.” We have not fought a war to win it since WWII which means we have sure had a lot of people killed for nothing on our side … over 58,000 in Vietnam alone … not to mention the thousands in Korea and other wars including the so-called “War on Terror.”
Had I been running the country the war on Terror would have lasted at most one month – not 18 years. It’s pretty easy to drop a few bombs in strategic locations to end a war. But that would be politically incorrect and likely make me a RACIST!
There, Andrea, you have my answer! Again — and never forget this — you have every right to your opinion … but so does Cindy and other conservatives.
Thank you for reading …
Jerry Nix, Freewavemaker, LLC
2 thoughts on “Facebook Question Deserves and Answer!”
Once again your thoughtful analyses of the various issues are, in my humble opinion, SPOT ON. We are all unique, just like everyone else. Sounds like an oxymoron, but think 🤔 about it. One might also say “opinions are like assholes, we all have one.” That’s what makes America great, you have the right to believe whatever you want, and shouldn’t hate or accuse those whose beliefs differ from yours as being RACIST. We can agree to disagree with civility and respect for one another. After all, we are all CHILDREN OF GOD AND AMERICANS FIRST REGARDLESS OF OUR BELIEFS OR OPINIONS. Furthermore, you don’t have to agree with everything the President does, but he WAS DULY ELECTED, and IS OUR PRESIDENT, and as such, deserves the respect and support of all Americans. He has indeed accomplished more good for all Americans in such a short time, NONE of which is or will ever be reported by the mainstream media. Although he is not very diplomatic and is NOT A POLITICIAN, he’s a DOER AND GETS RESULTS, and holds people accountable, which up to now, has been long absent in Washington D.C. That’s what most Americans want, and why he has to fight everyone to get things done for us. It’s nothing less than REMARKABLE that he HAS ACCOMPLISHED SO MUCH SO QUICKLY. So let’s all show a little gratitude instead of hateful attitude, and unite as a country.
Mary, I may have had a well thought out article to a Facebook post … but you certainly had a well thought out reply to my blog. Thank you so much for reading it. I cannot tell you how much comments on my articles mean to me. Any comments … negative or positive (and yours I consider positive) tells me that people are at least reading them and getting something out of them. I will continue to write as I consider this the one legacy I can leave behind when I depart this old world. I also want you to know that I surely miss you and Dennis.